Job Title: Volunteer and Events Coordinator
Salary: Based on education and experience
Reports to: Shelter Director
The Humane Society of Marathon County is a 501(c)(3) non-profit community service providing care and housing for displaced animals from Marathon County and the surrounding communities. Our mission is to “inspire and engage the community to end animal suffering and commit to responsible pet ownership.” Our caring staff, together with a fantastic team of volunteers, provide love and attention to our animal friends 365 days per year.
The Humane Society of Marathon County (HSMC) is seeking a volunteer and events coordinator to join our staff. The volunteer and events coordinator is the key to successful fundraising events of various sizes through the planning, execution and follow up of each event. The HSMC relies heavily on its volunteers and this position will serve as a resource to our volunteers as well as manage the volunteer database.
Reporting to the shelter director, this position will have flexible hours available. Occasional evening and weekend hours will be needed primarily in support of planned events.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the planning, execution and follow up of fundraising events hosted by the Humane Society of Marathon County each year.
- Recruit event committee volunteers; schedule and facilitate meetings and delegate responsibilities to ensure successful fundraising events; secures auction items, auctioneer, artists, emcee, etc., as needed for events, including set up and take down.
- Maintain databases of members, volunteers, donors, and businesses for HSMC.
- Provide open communication and engagement with our volunteers.
- Coordinate and provide HSMC orientations for volunteers
- Assist with coordination of third party fundraising events in the community.
- Follow up after each event to ensure invoices are paid, expenses/revenue is tracked and reported, and thank you notes mailed as necessary.
- Regular meet with the Shelter Director to share progress and review timelines and monthly financials and goals.
- Create and adhere to events budget; revenue and expenses.
- Provide successful promotion of events through advertising and social media.
- Responsible for writing, processing and mailing the quarterly HSDC newsletter.
- Initiate and build relationships within the community to increase donor database and promote HSMC mission and goals.
- Track donations, bequests, etc., for our “In Honor Wall” and gets plaques updated annually.
- Obtain company sponsors monthly, quarterly, yearly, and solicits and secure new sponsorships; including corporate sponsorships and donations.
- Manage paperwork, permits and contracts, event insurance when needed, bulk mailings, event website platforms, and databases.
- Maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, businesses, volunteers, and sponsors.
- Work closely with the Shelter Director to develop long-range planning and programs.
- May assist in seeking and writing grant proposals.
- Other duties as assigned by the Shelter Director.
- Associate’s degree in marketing, business, or communication preferred.
- Experience with event planning strongly preferred.
- Experience coordinating volunteers strongly preferred.
- Strong commitment to the Humane Society of Marathon County mission and vision statements.
- Excellent communication, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook and Publisher.
- Position will be exposed to animal shelter areas and interaction with domestic animals of varying temperaments.
Please send your cover letter and resume Attn: Lisa Leitermann at 7001 Packer Drive Wausau, WI 54401